Dead by Daylight Adept Ripley Trophy/Achievement Guide
The impressive collection of licensed chapters in Dead by Daylight continues to expand. The iconic Xenomorph has joined the game as a deadly killer, a...
The impressive collection of licensed chapters in Dead by Daylight continues to expand. The iconic Xenomorph has joined the game as a deadly killer, along with Ellen Ripley as a survivor in the Alien-themed addition - an eagerly awaited addition by fans.
The new chapter brings several new achievements with varying levels of difficulty. Adept achievements are always a staple of new chapters - they challenge survivors to survive a trial while using only the three unique perks of their character - and only those three perks. This guide will help players understand Ellen Ripley's unique perks, when they excel in certain situations, and what things to avoid in order to improve their survival and escape opportunities.
What is Ripley Allowed To Use?
The survivor's Adept achievements can be intimidating for players who are not familiar with the world of Dead by Daylight achievements. However, they are not solely based on luck; survivors have a range of items and add-ons at their disposal that can greatly facilitate their escape.
What do they do?
- Allows players to heal themselves - Increases healing speed
- (Purple quality or better) Unlocks the hatch - Tracks the killer's aura with the Blood Amber add-on - Tracks other survivors with the Gold Token add-on
- Unlocks the 'sabotage' action to temporarily break hooks - Increases generator repair speed
- Allows players to temporarily blind the killer - If the killer is carrying a survivor when blinded, they drop the survivor - Immediately cancels The Legion's Feral Frenzy power - Blinds The Nemesis' zombies for several seconds - Prevents The Shape and The Ghostface from stalking
- Reveals auras of generators - (Ultra Rare version only) Reveals aura of the hatch and exit gate levers
The aforementioned items are useful in various scenarios. Medkits are highly recommended when playing alone, while toolboxes are recommended for survivors playing with friends, and maps can help new players familiarize themselves with the game's many maps. These items can typically be found in chests, so it is not necessarily essential to find them in the Bloodweb.
All item add-ons are allowed as well, and it is strongly recommended to bring them along to enhance the usefulness of the items.
How to make survivors' adept achievements easier
- Bring friends - Use the 'Survive with Friends' feature to squad up and communicate for an easier escape.
- Upgrade perks - Many blood points are required, but this will greatly increase the perks' usefulness.
- Map offerings - Stack the odds in survivors' favor by bringing an offering to visit maps like the Dead Dawg Saloon that have many places to hide.
What's NOT allowed?
In comparison, the list of banned items is actually quite small.
- Non-unique perks - Survivors may find it hard to part with Windows of Opportunity and other meta perks, but only Ripley's three unique perks are allowed.
- A fourth perk - Even with all three of Ripley's perks equipped, players can't bring a fourth.
What are Ripley's perks?
With a recent update in Dead by Daylight, players must prestige Ripley at least once to unlock her perks at level 1 for all other survivors. Prestiging Ripley three times will unlock her perks at level 3 for all other survivors. Like all survivors in the game, Ripley brings three new perks into the game - along with an adorable cat and a hatred for aliens.
What does Lucky Star do?
When injured, hiding in a locker suppresses groans of pain and blood pools for 10 seconds. Exiting the locker reveals the auras of all other survivors and the nearest generator for 10 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 40 seconds, which is reduced to 35 seconds at level 2 and 30 seconds at level 3.
What is Lucky Star good for?
Information - After successfully evading the killer, entering and exiting a locker can show a survivor where their teammates are for a quick heal. Knowing the location of the nearest generator can also be helpful if players are unfamiliar with the map while using a map offering.
What is Lucky Star bad at?
Killers like The Dredge and The Huntress constantly check lockers as part of their ability, and attempting to use this perk during a chase will result in players being quickly snatched away with little hope of escape. Lucky Star also encourages Ripley players to adopt a passive playstyle, which may annoy their teammates enough to stop healing them.
What does Chemical Trap do?
At level 1, the player who repairs 70% of a generator gains the ability to "drop a pallet." At levels 2 and 3, they only need to repair 60% and 50% of a generator, respectively. The trap remains active for 100 seconds at level 1, 110 seconds at level 2, and reaches its peak at level 3 with 120 seconds. When the killer destroys a dropped pallet, they move 50% slower for 4 seconds.
What is Chemical Trap good for?
This is arguably Ripley's strongest advantage, as it punishes the killer for an action they practically have to perform. Not only does the pallet reveal the killer's location to team members, allowing them to lure the killer there during a chase, but a slowed-down killer gives the survivors more time to repair generators or run far, far away.
What is Chemical Trap bad at?
Observant killers can choose to go around the pallet instead of destroying it. If players are not familiar with the map they are playing on or are facing a killer like The Legion or Resident Evil's Albert Wesker who can jump over pallets, this can become a problem. Even inattentive killers will eventually notice and stop destroying pallets. Therefore, players should use this advantage sparingly to derive the maximum benefit from it.
What does Light Footed do?
When the player is fully healthy, their footsteps are silent while running. This effect is temporarily lost after they jump over a pallet or a window. The cooldown period is 28 seconds at level 1, 24 seconds at level 2, and 20 seconds at level 3.
What is Light Footed good for?
Impatient players who enjoy running around the map and searching for generators and chests are less punished for doing so. Scratch marks are still left behind, but killers who rely on sounds, such as The Spirit, are effectively balanced by this advantage.
What is Light Footed bad at?
When players inevitably get caught, there are many advantages that are better than Light Footed. It doesn't offer much to be quiet when the killer is already close by.
Escaping as Ellen Ripley
With all this knowledge about advantages, players are almost ready to embark on the trials. By keeping these important tips in mind, escape is within reach.
- Use items and search chests to always have something useful at hand
- Bring add-ons for items that make them more effective
- Play with friends - tell each other what the killer is doing, and where they are.
- Bring a useful offering - go to a survivor-sided map, keep hooks further apart, or something else entirely.
- Hold on to hope - an escape through the hatch will still unlock this achievement, and some killers let the final survivor go if they're feeling generous.
Dead by Daylight is available for mobile devices, PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.