Here is a high-damage Sword and Shield build for Monster Hunter Now
As of the time of writing, Monster Hunter Now, Niantic's mobile adaptation of Capcom's highly popular action RPG series, features only six distinct we...
As of the time of writing, Monster Hunter Now, Niantic's mobile adaptation of Capcom's highly popular action RPG series, features only six distinct weapon types. Players initially have access to the Sword and Shield, and later unlock other weapons such as the Great Sword, Long Sword, and Hammer. The choice of the best weapon in the game depends on the player's individual playstyle. However, we have found the Sword and Shield to be a reliable choice for most encounters due to its user-friendly nature, the ability to guard, and its fast attack speed.
This guide will provide an overview of the top Sword and Shield builds for players of Monster Hunter Now to explore. However, it is important to note that, at the time of writing, our progress in the game has only reached HR 36 and Chapter 11. Therefore, please consider our suggestions with some caution. Certain weapons may be more challenging to craft, while others may be more readily available. The build presented in this guide should be relatively easy to recreate for players in the mid to early stages of Monster Hunter Now.
Sword and Shield Build in Monster Hunter Now
The most significant challenge that Monster Hunter Now players will encounter while progressing through the chapters is the limited time available to deplete a Large Monster's health to zero. Successfully evading attacks is one thing, but if you're not dealing substantial damage, it can become impossible to defeat certain monsters. Therefore, this build will prioritize maximizing damage output. Here are the weapons we believe should be given priority:
Best Sword and Shields
- Blooming Knife - Once players get this to Grade 8, the weapon will have the Sneak Attack Equipment Skill, which causes more damage to the monster if attacking it from behind. It can get up to level 5, which will increase damage by 30%.
- Girros Knife - This weapon also has the Sneak Attack skill, which unlocks at Grade 8.
- Blazing Edge - This fire-based weapon will get the Rising Tide skill at Grade 8. The skill increases players' attack power and defense as the hunt timer runs out.
Monster Hunter is a franchise of action role-playing games developed by Capcom. As the name implies, the game revolves around players taking on the role of hunters who track down and slay massive monsters belonging to different species. The main series games have consistently received praise from critics, largely due to their enjoyable gameplay experience, especially when played with friends.
Best Armor for Sword and Shield Users
- Kulu Vambraces - Gives players Last Stand and Critical Eye. The latter gives players extra Affinity, which increases damage for critical hits. Last Stand is helpful, too, as it increases defense when players' health is low.
- Kulu Greaves - Equip these to get an extra dose of Critical Eye once it reaches Grade 2.
- Barroth Helm - Has the Defense Boost skill at Grade 2 and Offensive Guard at Grade 4. Offensive Guard can be really helpful, as it boosts player's power if they successfully block an attack.
- Barroth Mail - This piece of armor also gives players Offensive Guard. Couple that with the Barroth Helm to add some serious damage after guarding an attack.
- Girros Mail - Sneak Attack unlocks at Grade 6, giving players bonus damage when attacking from behind.
- Girros Vambraces - Same as above, but the skill is unlocked from the start.
- Luma Hat - Wearing this piece will make players' Special Gauge fill up faster.
- Luma Vambraces - This one also has Concentration, filling up the Special attack meter at a faster pace.
Monster Hunter Now can be downloaded for free on mobile devices.