The Texas Chain Saw Massacre has unveiled the patch notes for the September 26 update
The patch notes for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre have been unveiled, encompassing a range of gameplay fixes, alterations, and refinements.The patch ...
The patch notes for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre have been unveiled, encompassing a range of gameplay fixes, alterations, and refinements.
The patch resolves exploits related to the Hitchhiker's trap, fine-tunes lunge distances for specific characters, and rectifies a brightness cheat for PC players.
Additional modifications encompass changes to perk levels, improvements to stealth mechanics in mini-games, and the introduction of stun immunity for the Family members, among various other updates.
The most recent update for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is now available, featuring a substantial collection of patch notes. This release comes in less than a month following the previous patch for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
Created by Sumo Nottingham and published by Gun Interactive, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is a video game adaptation of the 1974 film of the same title. Serving as the first game based on the ten-film franchise since the identically named 1982 release, it was highly anticipated within the horror gaming community in 2023, launching well ahead of the spooky season. Despite its relatively brief existence, the game has garnered positive reception for its unique asymmetrical multiplayer gameplay and its dedication to staying true to the source material. However, no game is without its flaws. Thankfully, the developers have been open and transparent with fans, actively seeking feedback and diligently working on patches to address any issues that arise.
The official Gun Interactive Reddit account has shared the complete patch notes for the September 16 update. Each modification has been categorized as a Fix, Change, or Tune. In terms of Fixes, several adjustments have been made to the playable character Hitchhiker, rectifying a glitch that enabled him to pass through walls by setting traps, and enabling ensnared Victims to navigate crawlspaces or cross gaps. Johnny and Sissy's lunging abilities have also been adjusted to bring them more in line with the other family members. Additionally, a cheat that allowed PC players to manipulate brightness by editing game files, during times when such adjustments are prohibited, has been addressed and resolved.
Additional modifications have been implemented across various gameplay aspects. This includes reductions in certain perk levels, adjustments to stealth mechanics in mini-games, and the introduction of stun immunity for different characters. Moreover, players controlling The Family now possess the ability to deactivate the fusebox once it has been activated by a Victim. In the Tune category, a change has been made to the character Leland from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, upgrading the stun duration of his Life Saver ability.
As any discerning philosopher would assert, even the smallest changes can have a profound impact. While some of the gameplay adjustments may appear minor, they have the potential to significantly influence the robust multiplayer dynamics of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. It will be intriguing to witness the effects of this patch on the gameplay and whether these alterations may give rise to new challenges that require subsequent patches to address. In the same statement, Gun Interactive mentioned a shift away from weekly patches in the future, indicating a desire to observe and assess any emerging issues.
September 26 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed: Hitchhiker Trap Exploit
- Fixed an exploit where Hitchhiker players could use his trap to pass through walls and doors.
- Fixed: Hitchhiker Trap Interaction Issues
- We’ve resolved an issue where Victims would be unable to interact with gaps, crawl spaces, and other elements after stepping in a Hitchhiker Trap.
- Fixed: Johnny and Sissy Lunge
- Johnny and Sissy both had a lunge that was greater than other Family members.
- We’ve adjusted this to be more in line with the rest of the Family members.
- This should also correct the Johnny build we’re seeing used in public matches.
- Fixed: Brightness Cheat
- Fixed an issue that would allow PC users to adjust their in game brightness outside of accepted levels by editing game files.
- Changed: Hitchhiker Traps at Ladder Exits
- We have adjusted the area at the top of a ladder where the Hitchhiker can place a trap.
- This still allows for strategic play, but will give Victims an opportunity to counter the trap.
- Changed: Fusebox Reset
- The Family can now turn the fusebox off after a Victim turns it on.
- There is a cooldown applied to the switch, similar to generators and car batteries.
- Changed: Family Stun Immunity
- Family now has a 10 second stun immunity period after an initial stun ends.
- There is NO stun immunity after a Family member is stunned by a Victim bursting out of a hiding place.
- If you attempt to stun a Family member who has immunity, you will not see the prompt for Leland’s ability or a back stab.
- If you attempt to stun a Family member who has immunity with a door slam, it will have no effect.
- Close Encounters all vary in duration due to the individual Family members having different stun recovery times, therefore the immunity period is different for each.
- Tuned: Tae Kwan Door Perk Levels Reduced
- Level 1: 5 Seconds Stun Duration
- Level 2: 6 Seconds Stun Duration
- Level 3: 8 Seconds Stun Duration
- Tuned: Agitator Perk Levels Reduced
- Level 1: 1.5 Level Family Bond Reduction
- Level 2: 2 Level Family Bond Reduction
- Level 3: 2.5 Level Family Bond Reduction
- Tuned: Stealth Performance in Minigames
- We have adjusted the amount of noise generated in gathering minigames when at full Stealth.
- Tuned: Leland Ability Stun Duration
- We have adjusted the stun duration upgrades for Leland’s Life Saver ability.
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is currently accessible on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S platforms.